Phoenix IT Solutions Ltd was selected by the Assam Power Distribution Company Limited’s (APDCL) Smart Grid Pilot project and received the Letter of Award(LoA) for implementing the same in consortium with M/s. NURI Telecom Co. Ltd., M/s. KEPCO (Korea Power Corporation) and M/s.SECURO Co. Ltd. in the pilot areas of Guwahati city, extending to three Sub-Divisions.
As the Smart Grid Implementing Agency (SGIA) and the lead bidder, the scope of work for Phoenix includes assisting APDCL in implementation of smart grid activities viz.
- Installing smart meters at consumer premises and integration of Distribution Transformer (DTR) meters and feeder Meters, which have been covered in R-APDRP, with the smart grid system
- Establishment of communication between consumer/DTR/Feeder-substation meters and Smart Grid Command Centre with suitable hardware/equipments
- Implementation of Time of Use (TOU) and Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) for the pilot area
- Customer outreach and education for the pilot area consumers
- Implementation of software systems for:
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI)
- Peak Load Management (PLM)
- Outage Management System (OMS)
- Demand Side Management (DSM) & Demand Response (DR)
- LT customers
- HT customers
- Load Forecasting
- Integration of distributed generation of renewable energy like solar, wind, etc.
- Power Quality Management (PQM)
- Web portal for all the consumers to respond to DR/DSM/TOU initiatives in the pilot area
- Monitoring of power quality and theft in the area
- Integration of the system with ERP, GIS, Metering, Billing, Collection and SCADA systems
- MIS to monitor the progress of the pilot project and monitoring of KPIs
Phoenix mPower™ Suite of Smart Grid software products along with the products of other consortium member companies will be used for implementing this Smart Grid pilot. Both mPower MDMS™ and mPower CIS™ of Phoenix figure in the recent Gartner’s magic quadrants for utility software products.
Speaking on the occasion, Managing Director and CEO of Phoenix IT Solutions -Mr. Muralikrishna Gannamani said this is a very happy moment for us and a clear validation of the credibility of our Smart Grid software product suite.