APEPDCL serves over 5.5 million consumers across five districts of the state of Andhra Pradesh spanning about 42,000 sq km, 20 million population, 700 sub-stations, 3000 feeders, 150,000 DTRs and 120,000 KM of power lines.
- Lack of centralized commercial database as entire metering and billing processes were outsourced to multiple vendors with their own software
- High technical and commercial losses arising from unaccounted and unmetered consumers and rampant power theft
- Not much of focus on customer care processes as staff attrition was high due to manual reporting needs
- Data from all the vendors was aggregated and analysed to detect anomalies using CAT database
Consumer and asset indexing for further data cleansing and creation of master database including mapping
- CIS, CRM and Insight products from mPower suite have been deployed in a centralized data center with visibility through executive dashboards
- Many pioneering solutions including pole-to-pole survey, spot billing, mobile customer care, single window customer service, centralized call center, etc.,
- Outsourced call center and customer service centers across the utility territory
- Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) losses came down from about 9% in FY2008. when mPower CIS was rolled out, to 6.22% by FY2015; a saving of about Rs1.9 Bn for FY2015 alone, when compared to FY2008 loss levels. FY2016 losses were further down to about 5.5%.
- New service connection release duration brought down to 48 hours, from a few weeks initially
- More than 95% consumer complaints resolved as per SLA
- Improvements in billing and collection efficiency to about 96% and 98% respectively