Fluentgrid scored yet another significant win to transform commercial and enterprise operations for three power distribution companies -SOUTHCO, NESCO and WESCO- in the East Indian state of Odisha. Fluentgrid will implement CIS and ERP applications and provide IT infrastructure, in partnership with Bosch and ABM. The project is funded under the second phase of the Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS) scheme of the Ministry of Power, Government of India. The project covering about 4 million consumers across three DISCOMs, is being steered by OPTCL, one of the largest transmission utilities in the country.
Fluentgrid and its partners have come together with an aim to ensure time bound and fully compliant project implementation along with the required DC and DR setup, to ensure marked improvement in operational efficiency and customer engagement. Fluentgrid has been working with Odisha DISCOMs for more nearly two decades now and our corporate HQ in Visakhapatnam is very close to Bhubaneshwar, the capital of Odisha state. This cohesion, proximity and cultural alignment will help drive the project better and bring in the organization change management, which is so essential for a large and complex project of this nature.
The scope of the project includes implementation and management of the following for all the three DISCOMs in Odisha.
- Establishment of data center (DC) IT infrastructure on premise and disaster-recovery center (DR) on the cloud
- Implementation of billing and customer care solution with Fluentgrid CIS/CRM product suite
- Establishment of Customer Call Centre (CCC) infrastructure with Fluentgrid eCall Contact Center product
- Implementation of enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution with SAP ERP
- Overall integration and testing of all IT applications and legacy applications
- Project management activities of the entire scope of work for this project
- Bandwidth and connectivity provisioning
- Manpower provisioning for the project at various phases
- Facility Management Services for five years, post-go-live
- Training of personnel involved in the successful establishment and maintenance of various aspects of this project